Available as a keynote or Seminar
All presentations customized to your audience
See Through The Deceptive Numbers That Cost You Money
Outraged by the misuse of numbers in marketing and advertising messages, physicist Joe Ganem decided to use his professional expertise to expose widely used deceptive practices. He discovered that, like flipping a two-headed quarter, many of the deals you make everyday are rigged so that no matter which side the coin lands on, you pay.
These insights will save you thousands of dollars!
Now you can learn the secrets of how a physicist evaluates numbers in day-to-day financial decisions. Find out how to save big money and avoid getting ripped off. Dr. Ganem’s presentations are practical, informative, and highly entertaining. Packed with real-world tips and tactics, he will completely change the way you think about financial decisions. You and your audience will see how numbers are used to:
- Hide information—learn to see the real cost of purchases
- Misdirect the buyer—learn to recognize attractive but irrelevant numbers
- Replace sound judgment—learn how reliance on “objective” numbers can lead to bad decisions
- Subvert market forces—learn how numbers induce you to act against your financial interests
- Shopping—learn how clever labeling and packaging disguise the real cost and contents of your purchases.
- Home buying—find out the surprising factor that determines home prices.
- Education—learn how emphasis on raising math standards has left our children further behind in math.